Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Twins - Think Danny & Arnie!

SnakeyJ

A tale of two mounts - not too much between my old HEQ5 and it's replacement, a Celestron CGE.

IMG_20171201_195612.thumb.jpg.abdaabf1b80a24081873a6005e478968.jpg

Unless your compare counterweight shafts.

Though the CGE wants a pedestal (for the electronics)..

IMG_20171201_195758.thumb.jpg.ee4cdffb66a1fc96d89c27e02209059b.jpg

I think I have a solution to fit this on my existing pier, though it came with it's own pier and a massive Celestron tripod.  I will need to test and adjust to find the right height in my pulsar dome and order a Losmandy dovetail in from FLO.

4 hours ago, triton1 said:

Wow the size of difference in c/w shaft makes me wince abit from here it looks a little like aEq8.I hope your happy with it as it should be future proof,congrats.?️‍♀️?️‍♀️

It is a bit of a beast, but not quite the capacity of an EQ8.   It should cope with a good 30kg (or a fully loaded C14, should one come along in future) and no doubts it will see me out!

4 hours ago, Stu said:

Looks a very nice beauty Jake! That CW shaft looks huge!! :) 

Cheers Stu - not quite grab and go portable, but could travel to a star party (I did fit the whole thing and pier in to my old Nissan Micra!).     The massive tripod and extension (electronics pedestal) raise this up to a good height and it would make a good candidate for swinging a big Istar refractor :)

Archived