Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Perseus Galaxy Cluster

johnrt

Just a little something to blow the cobwebs away, the imaging has been very slow this year.

The Perseus Galaxy Cluster consists of over 500 catalogued  individual galaxies which makes it one of the most massive objects in the known universe. At a distance of approx 250 million light years the galaxy cluster is made up from a variety of spiral, lenticular and eliptical galaxies.

58 x 10 minute subs with; an Altair Astro 6" RC, Atik 460ex and Baader Luminance filter. Captured in SGPro, calibrated in Pixinsight and processed in CS5.

Thank you for looking :)

26879859899_ec5d92b08a_b.jpg

16 hours ago, tomato said:

Totally Brilliant, I just love images like this. I should put this on my office wall and point it out to my boss when I want him to get a bit of perspective on a problem...

I love that idea, next time I'm being moaned at for not having double signed something, I'll just point at this picture on the wall and say "Nobody exists on purpose. Nobody belongs anywhere. Everybody's gonna die. Come watch T.V." and wander off. :D

Archived