Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Any suggestions for targets?

Mr niall

Hi all

I was wondering if anyone could recommend any good targets in the Aquarius / Pegasus areas at the moment? I’ve got quite good views of west and south from the house but struggle with North or East due to buildings, trees and those new streetlights than burn with the power of a thousand suns.

light pollution is a bit of an issue - can just about see Sagitta by eye on a good night, M71 all but invisible, M56 is invisible. And I know I’ve said it before but I’m pretty sure M51 doesn’t exist and all the books are making fun of me!

Towards the azimuth is possible but My rdf isn’t neck friendly. I’ve been relying on TLOA but it seems a little slim on good stuff for this area at this time of year.

I have a 5” mak and 15x70 bins.

Many thanks!

1 hour ago, scarp15 said:

Perhaps open cluster NGC 752 in Andromeda S/W of Almach and brought to our attention by Nick in a report earlier this week.

Yes! Had it for a moment in the bins then the clouds ruined everything! Lovely will have another go if it clears. Thanks.

1 hour ago, bottletopburly said:

Blue snowball nebula 

I’d love to - looks fab but is my scope not a bit widdly?

Thanks everyone - looks like if I wait until about 10pm then Cassiopeia and Perseus swing round enough for me to get them and there seems to be a huge amount of juicy stuff in that area!

pleiades popped over the roof of the house too about 11pm, I’ve only viewed it through A Mak so seeing it in the 15x70s was a revelation!

weather was forecast for clear last night but was only getting 10 min gaps in the cloud.

Archived