Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Heart Narrowband

harry page

Hi

I am still about just not done any imaging :)

So I though I would have a go at narrow band imaging ( my first )

This is the Heart nebula in the std hubble pallet ( SHO )   and the first image with my new Tak 106 :headbang:

there is about 3hrs in 10min subs in each channel and off course was processed in Pixinsight , could be better but I am happy with it for a first go

Please see here for full res version http://www.harrysastroshed.com/image html/nebula HTML/heartnarrow.html

Regards

harry

heart-1000.jpg

7 minutes ago, johnrt said:

Nice to see you back at it Harry, where you got some clear sky from though I don't know. I like the sand tones on this.

Hi

I did try a more saturated version more in keeping with others I see but did not like it much so I backed off

Because its not real colour I think there are more options available

Thanks for looking

Harry

9 hours ago, seanpius said:

Harry,how do you get the blue to come out in the image,when I take the images in HA,O3 and S2 I find it hard to get the colours right,im useless at the processing.

Hi

well I am not a expert in narrow band , but green to blue is easy in pixinsight as there is a tool called scnr with one click green be gone and it becomes blue

Like to say its my huge skill , but its not :happy11:

Thanks for looking

Harry

2 hours ago, Starlight 1 said:

That very nice Mr H, If only my 106 work as well as your look at them little Stars.

Hi

I did run a bit of star reduction , but nothing too much --are you having problems with you tak then

Of course focus is always critical , I use SGP autofocus which seems to work well with a frac

Harry

5 hours ago, sloz1664 said:

Great image Harry. I do seem to like the SHO pallet. I think a Pixinsight  Narrowband tutorial is beckoning :)

Steve

Hi

I think there are better people than me at this narrow band stuff :)

Give me a few years and I will think about doing one :headbang:

Harry

Archived