Aldi 3D Printer

ringz

I'm very tempted, I've been looking at reviews on Youtube and they generally seem to be positive. I also like the fact that there is a support group on Facebook, although I don't use Facebook too much.

Looks like a pretty standard printer for a pretty standard price.  Difficult to tell the build quality from the picture and video.  Also, it doesn't say what software/firmware it uses.  I think I would be more inclined to suggest the Prusa I3 which, as I recall, is a similar price.  I wouldn't say the Aldi one is much of a bargain.

hmm, if you want a cheap printer, as Dave says, look at the Anet A8 or CR10, much better build quality (for a Chinese i3 knock off) with better support etc...  & if it is a Wanhao v1 clone & has the Melzi controller fitted, turn away now....

39 minutes ago, Dave_D said:

it's basically a clone of an older wanhao duplicator. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qoEApsA7pAk

I saw that video, from what I recall, at the time he made the video he was very impressed with the quality he got for the price. In fact he said that the previous version was the printer he used all the time.

I guess I will wait till something else comes along that can be easily returned if I don't get along with 3D printing.

Archived