Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Can you guess...

Littleguy80

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Astro Imp said:

Eye patch? Bigger Thermos? As you were Googling, an alternative dark site?

Ok Neil I give up.

This is something I did recently, that extra mugful of coffee can make a difference when on a trip out. 

Unihedron Sky Quality Meter?

Ok *drum roll* the item I wanted most was...

THERMAL SOCKS!

The closest guess, and therefore the winner, goes to @Mognet with the guess of Thermals. 

For sheers persistence, an honourable mention to @iPeace An observing chair was purchased after my first visit to a dark site. 

Well done all for the excellent guesses!

10 minutes ago, Littleguy80 said:

THERMAL SOCKS!

The closest guess, and therefore the winner, goes to @Mognet with the guess of Thermals. 

For sheers persistence, an honourable mention to @iPeace An observing chair was purchased after my first visit to a dark site. 

Well done all for the excellent guesses!

Well, I'd never have come up with that one - my fur-lined boots do the job just fine!  :icon_biggrin:

Doug.

A wonderfully detailed deep sky atlas for using with the dimmest of red lights because using a screen ruins the oh-so-valuable adaption at a verrrrry dark site.

(Have I ever mentioned my love for Interstellarum... ;) )

On 11/11/2017 at 13:39, Littleguy80 said:

THERMAL SOCKS!

The closest guess, and therefore the winner, goes to @Mognet@iPeace with the guess of Thermals.

Thermals are definitely an essential! I bought today snow boots with a thermal lining as wellies and thick socks are just not good enough in the cold and damp. Hoping the are up to my Iceland trip too

Archived