Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

@AdeKing, I have the same eyepieces, and do find time to use them on the Moon, but thats about the limit of use under my local conditions.
Even at these magnifications, its easy to follow the Moon when nudging, and as Louis D describes, its really just a matter of practice, becomes second nature, especially when a satellite enters the frame.

One side effect of having a wider fov and lower power,  is  the inevitable smaller image, but thats just the way it is.

So how wide, how low do you need? I still recommend  using the scopes focal ratio to make the initial decision on eyepiece selection! 

Match the focal ratio, for practical high power, double the ratio for optimal performance and multiply the ratio by your eyes dilated entry pupil for your low power eyepiece?

For my scope f/6 this should give me a 6mm 12mm and 30mm, and these focal lengths should cover all aspects of use, anything else is a bonus.

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived