NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hi from Guernsey

Simoncwr

Good evening all,

I am just starting up having previous experience with awful cheap scopes etc a couple of decades ago. Slowly reaquainting myself using binos on one of my photo tripods, although not this weekend..... Much research (thankyou many users here!) and a visit to the IAS last weekend for some hands on (met some very nice people) and looking forward to receiving my new scopes this week fingers crossed.

I am going to be purely visual for some time but I am a keen photographer so enevitably I will end up imaging I suspect, but lets walk first lol.

Apologies in advance if my new toys cause a total vercast in the coming weeks.

Simon

Hi Happy,

Yes I have that but not really looked into it yet, my goto has been Starwalk on the ipad for a couple of years. Ive been lucky enough to do blue water yacht deliveries and its been a good friend out there. I am in the north of Guernsey with very little LP so yes its great thanks. I am aware of the society but will shortly be away for a month plus so will see what thats about when I am home.

2 hours ago, Simoncwr said:

Ah now theres a thing... I went to IAS intending to buy the SW ED80, but my head was turned by a TV85 and there was no escape.

Indeed!

Your good taste is evident. Your wallet is in danger. Welcome, Simon. 

Archived