SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

CR2 Thumbnails not Showing in Win 7 Pro

I'm running windows 7 Professional on a x64 System and have downloaded and installed the official Microsoft Camera Codec Pack (6.3.9721.0)  (have tried both versions (x64 and x86) but neither got the thumbnails to show in windows explorer.

The CR2 images are created on the Canon 1300D. According to the Canon website, they are compatible and no additional codecs are required.

Does anyone know how I can get the CR2 thumbnails to show images? Preferably without having to buy 'viewing software' from iffy-looking websites :hiding:

59a549ebc5cb4_nothumbs.JPG.b074784b92a68e57f720367884d8e81c.JPG

TIA

I have a similar problem with my 80D, you can use the Canon DPP software which is free and available off the Canon site or convert the RAWs using Adobe DNG converter (it will run in batch mode), I prefer the Adobe method as DNGs are normally supported with all imaging software.

Alan 

12 hours ago, Rickvanman said:

Thanks for the suggestion. Do you know which software? I use the Canon 1300D and Canon is not offering a RAW codec download for that model.

As above you can use Digital Photo Professional.

Peter

My Canon 5D Mark III .CR2 files have previews in Win 7 pro but not the 6D or 650D. I think raw files from a 7D also display properly as well.

I read somewhere that Canon need to update a .DLL file but they haven't done so for ages.

So the suggestions above are useful for previews until they do indeed update it.

Archived