NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Alberio

Beyond_Vision

I have just had my LX90 10" refurbished by a kind friend who fitted the Peterson EZ focus mod and EZ Clutch Mod and he also cleaned the corrector plate. He did a fantastic job on the scope of which I am very pleased with now.

I haven't used it for ages as I usually image with my Orion Sirius Mount or Astrotrac. It was nice to get some sky with it last night in between the odd bit of cloud. After having a whiz around doing some visual observing, I decided to couple up the 400D to it and take a few images. This brought back many memories of my first bash at imaging back in 2006 in Alt/Az (back when I thought 45 secs was a long exposure :D ). I just love the colour of the stars in the double Alberio. Pic details 15 x 4 sec @ISO100 Canon 400D

8305_normal.jpeg

(click to enlarge)

Regards

Kevin

Back in business Kev! You should plan on giving that QH8Y a run for its money as well!

When we get to Kelling, I'll ask you to kindly point this pair out to me, even if its just on Stellarium :D

Tim

It's the head of the Swan(Cygnus) or the bottom of the Northern Cross almost smack bang in the middle of the Summer Triangle. As the for the QHY8 there has been so little clear nights that I havent wanted to waste them messing around trying to get used to it. I will have another session with it now the nights are drawing in. If you like you could have a bash with it at Kelling as I wont be taking my Sirius mount.

Regards

Kevin

nice image there mate, my fave double star, then again i think most people would say that

Indeed, Albeiro is one of my favourite objects of all. Always puts a smile on my face :( . See? And Kev, that's excellent. Cheers mate.

Back in business Kev! You should plan on giving that QH8Y a run for its money as well!

When we get to Kelling, I'll ask you to kindly point this pair out to me, even if its just on Stellarium :D

Tim

Teej, I can just make it out with the naked eye from my back garden. Not sure what yours is like but it's here:

?object=cyg&size=3

It's the bottom star of the cross.

Tony..

Kevin, that is a classy image of a lovely double star. SPM's and others, favourite pair.

Can I ask you if you have ever auto guided the LX90 using the Meade APM900 Module?

Can I also ask what prompted you to have the gears changed.

Cheers.

Ron. :D

Thanks all for the nice comments.

Kevin, that is a classy image of a lovely double star. SPM's and others, favourite pair.

Can I ask you if you have ever auto guided the LX90 using the Meade APM900 Module?

Cheers.

Ron I havent got a wedge for it so I dont use autoguiding. I use my APM900 for my electric focuser and reticule eyepiece. The gears havent been changed just a mod to make the Alt clutch a 'dry clutch' to stop it sliping when near the Zenith and a mod to improve the focuser.

Regards

Kevin

Thanks all for the nice comments.

Cheers.

Ron I havent got a wedge for it so I dont use autoguiding. I use my APM900 for my electric focuser and reticule eyepiece. The gears havent been changed just a mod to make the Alt clutch a 'dry clutch' to stop it sliping when near the Zenith and a mod to improve the focuser.

Regards

Kevin

Thanks Kevin.

Ron. :(

Archived