NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sol 7/26/2017

Tyson M

Hello all,

I love trying new ways of processing. I tried flats first the first time (which failed to improve the images so I removed them).  Today's Main goal was to try my first ever animation. 

I am still going through that data and learning curve, so that will come later. But here are some close up shots taken with a TV 3x barlow.

This data was processed a bit more aggressively.  I have softer versions available if you think there is too much noise on these.

Comments welcome, animation to come!

181717G2B

183450G2B

183844G3B

lovely shots Tyson, yer I agree with Michael, you probley know this, more frames = less noise = the more aggressive processing it will take, I find 600 frames to be the sweetspot with the quark, dont know if its the same with a lunt. nice detail caught mate. charl.

Thanks for the replies. 

I captured 1780 I believe , best 20% so 356 frames. Duration was only 60 second at max sensor size. I did have to bump up the exposure time quite a bit. 

I could probably do 30% and at longer duration next time.

It sounds like I am a bit too low on frames. I haven't done any solar close ups before the Lunt60 that I got this year. 

Archived