Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Members and there setup's pics

OXO

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thats a real nice setup Caz, bet you get some cracking views through that scope, does the EQ5 cope with it ok ?, not sure how heavy the OTA is.

Alan.

PS. nice to see who the brave souls are that have posted pics on this thread, rest of them have probably broken there camera's taking them :laugh:

PPS. In your photo been trying to identify the star/planet/nebula above your head, very strange any idea what it is :laugh:, hope your not polar aligned on it :shock:

Caz was that a typing error -------wit-------- should have been twit :laugh: :laugh:, thats more like what I'm used to being called she who must be obayed

Alan. :laugh:

PS. I'm thinking about getting a larger dia OTA of some description to compliment my refractors, so I take it you can recommend the skywatchers.

Unfortunately I don't have any pictures of me at the helm as yet but when I do and when I learn how to keep them small enough to upload onto forums I will definitely post one or two.

Caz Re your setup wow. reading from your posts in the past I imagined a much lesser type setup I am impressed to put it poetically and borrowing words from the Baird I could enthuse your picture with :-

Shall I compare thee to a summers day?

Thou art more lovely, and more temperate.

Nice one Rog, i have looked at your Observatory a few times with green eyes and now with the posh new Mount and Scope i think iam turning into the Incredable Sulk :laugh:.

Blue skies :shock: so thats what it's supposed to look like :laugh:

Hope it stays clear for you Rog and ya get to play with ya new toys..

James :laugh:

lol i,m still a bit confused with this pre setting up with the scope James , done a it today , but now have to set the polar part up with the scope ,says its best done in the day , on a tree or lamp post , no lamp post so stuck with trees , only prob is the wind is so strong that they are bending all over the places so cant do that now ,and i dont fancy trying all that in the dark , so looks like if clear it wil be the gps8 .

Rog

My rather poor scopes:

80gt.jpg

My little Celestron Nextstar 80GT (Actually a Tasco Starguide 80!)

powerseeker114.jpg

My 114 Newt, a rather cheap Powerseeker114. I've upgraded the mount as the supplied one was terrible, so now im the proud owner of a Vixen GP. Hopefully i'll be the new owner of a C8 SCT OTA too at some point soon.

Appologies for the large images, i have no idea how you people do the preview thumbnail thing

There's nothing wrong with those scopes, Gordon. The top one is better than mine, and the lower one is just as good, and I'm having endless enjoyment with them. I am going to upgrade to some extent, soon, but I've been using a 4.5" reflector for six or seven years, getting more and more out of it as I go along. :laugh:

Yep as Warthog has said there's nothing worng with those scopes at all the top one being my Fav :laugh:

A C8 scope now that would be nice Gorden :laugh:

i have no idea how you people do the preview thumbnail thing

When you make a post click Addition Options and there's an upload button there for uploading images that are 250k or below once done you will get the thumbnail in your post+ya image.

James :laugh:

Cheers guys :laugh:

I always look at my little refractor and think "your really small but i love you even so" :laugh:

The reflector was £30 off ebay and i couldn't resist it. I stuck the OTA onto a new Vixen GP mount that i brought from Orion Optics. I wanted a mount that wouldn't break the bank (was £325 even so!) but that would last me a long time and i could stick most things on to it without worrying. Hopefully the C8 will sit nicely on it and i'll get some good views. I'll probably throw the powerseeker OTA in the skip hehe

I'll probably throw the powerseeker OTA in the skip hehe

If you find it's of no use to you when you get a C8 maybe turn it into a Solar scope? bang a Solar filter on the front of it and jobs a good un :sunny:

Or piggyback it on the SCT? You'd get two complimentary views.

Or piggyback it on the SCT? You'd get two complimentary views.

I had considered piggybacking the 80mm Refractor on the SCT and using it as a guidescope. The reflector is a little large to piggyback i think. Ideally i want a compact setup. One of the reasons i went the for the SCT in the first place rather than a bigger decent newt.

Archived