Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Members and there setup's pics

OXO

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is this scope the same as yours Gaz? they look amazing value for money :shock:

It is the same scope as Gaz but he only got the OTA, I payed £330 for mine including the motor drive and the delivery. The tripod was upgraded to a stainless steel one, I fitted a red dot finder and one or two other mods. after all the mods I done to it its cost a total of about £410 and its worth every penny IMHO.

Mark

Is this scope the same as yours Gaz? they look amazing value for money :shock:

As Marks says I've just got the OTA (I already had my CG5). They are brilliant scopes for the money and they look sexy as well!! :laugh:

I think I paid £175 delivered, so £330 for a mount and motors is a good deal Mark.

Same excuse reason as Damien - too much cloud / rain / wind / snow / sleet / locust plague / value of the $ :roll:

P.S. Nice set up Mark!

Well we had some clear sky between clouds last night, best I seen for a long time, the milky way stood out clearly. I went out with the binos.

Mark

Same excuse reason as Damien - too much cloud / rain / wind / snow / sleet / locust plague / value of the $ :roll:

P.S. Nice set up Mark!

You forgot abduction by aliens :laugh:

Attacked by a man-eating millipede named George....

P.S. Nice set up Mark!

You forgot abduction by aliens :laugh:

Agreed

its not like it rains much in the UK :laugh: :laugh:

Mark

Attacked by a man-eating millipede named George....

I think the rain and snow are a little far-fetched... :laugh:

Well shoot!, if we're allowed indoor piccies then here's a contribution to help show up certain 'old hands' who are 'shy' (whaat?)! ...... but why is there a voice in my head saying "Allan, DON'T do this...."!!

image.jpg

...... and yes, my desk is a tip / and yes, I'm a smoker - what the heck ........

telescope4u

He hee, now there's an idea - a revolving house! The MN78 has been relegated to staring out of a small skylight window while I ordered, received, fitted and set up the new focuser - the standard one is real dog!

Next weekend it's back outside staring at the full sky at a club star party - weather permitting of course :laugh:

Well shoot!, if we're allowed indoor piccies then here's a contribution to help show up certain 'old hands' who are 'shy' (whaat?)! ...... but why is there a voice in my head saying "Allan, DON'T do this...."!!

image.jpg

...... and yes, my desk is a tip / and yes, I'm a smoker - what the heck ........

Funny that had the same voice in my head :laugh: great setup Allan

Mark

daz:

Yes it is the dual speed version, and it is a thing of beauty for those of us who are 'engineering anoraks' about such things - BUT a warning:- Moonlite Focusers are great people to deal with, and the service and help from them was amazing but they don't come cheap, and I was ever-so-slightly taken aback by the request for £67 VAT and duty before the nice man who delivered it would give me the box ..... :laugh:

..... and just to prove I AM an anorak:

image.jpg

Archived