Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Takahashi FC 100 DL Now Available (?!) - but you'll have to hurry!

48 minutes ago, Mr niall said:

At that price I might get 3 or 4!

I should buy four if I were you.  Then Peter Drew can make two of them into a binoscope for you,  you can use  one and have one as a spare.  :smile:

2 hours ago, paulastro said:

The DL now appears on Ian Kings Takahashi pages.

https://www.takahashiuk.co.uk/Refracting-Telescopes/Takahashi-FC100-DL/374-/Takahashi-FC100-DL

£2549 for tube only, £2679 with bespoke tube-clamp  - finder extra.

Looks like this will be the last run?

Hi Paul,

One chap in the U.S. has received one of the first DL's from the second run and it came with the micro focuser already attached.

But get this!

His, like yours, has the F7.4 engraving on the lens cell. So you're not alone with your FC100D 900mm F7.4 oddity! If its as good as yours I doubt he'll give a hoot and just enjoy it for the rest of his life. :icon_biggrin:

3 minutes ago, mikeDnight said:

Hi Paul,

One chap in the U.S. has received one of the first DL's from the second run and it came with the micro focuser already attached.

But get this!

His, like yours, has the F7.4 engraving on the lens cell. So you're not alone with your FC100D 900mm F7.4 oddity! If its as good as yours I doubt he'll give a hoot and just enjoy it for the rest of his life. :icon_biggrin:

Blast!!!  Thanks for letting me know that mine has now been devalued.  Drat and double drat!!!!!!  :laugh2:

26 minutes ago, cotterless45 said:

I got a significant birthday coming up, looks like extra socks (again) , old Nick.

You could regard a sock as a Takahashi lens cover......  100mm is a good ankle width.   So a sock may be a pre-cursor to receiving the Tak...    you never know........??

Is the micro-focuser included in the UK ones I wonder ?

If not, it's quite a price increase since the last run - nearly £500 more than I paid for mine this time last year.

Pretty good optically though - mine split Zeta Hercules last night at 300x :grin:

1 hour ago, Peter Drew said:

My birthday today but I'm not expecting a Tak unless it's short for Takeaway.   :icon_biggrin:

Happy birthday Peter - party time!  Hope to see you tomorrow up at TAC       :laughing4::hello2::headbang:

PS Sorry, but I'm not giving you my DL :smile:

3 hours ago, Peter Drew said:

My birthday today but I'm not expecting a Tak unless it's short for Takeaway.   :icon_biggrin:

Happy birthday Peter, only seems a few months ago that it was your birthday

This listing indicates it comes with a two speed focuser:

https://telescopes.net/store/takahashi-fc100dl-100mm-apochromatic-refractor.html

This is from the listing:

The Takahashi FC100DL features the longest focal length of the FC series. At f/9 with a Steinheil fluorite optical design, this apochromatic refractor was designed for a premium visual astronomy experience and is as high performing imaging refractor, producing stunning color-free views of the planets, Moon and deep space objects. Includes a dual speed 2.7" focuser and visual adapters and weighs just 8.3 pounds. ***First shipments expected in July 2017. Preorder now to reserve. Limited release! ***

• 2 months later...

Archived