NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

IC 2177 Seagull nebula

Lynx1971

My second post here after saying hello .
IC 2177 The Seagull nebula widefield 
Camera: ILCE7S JTW modified
Optolong L-PRO MAX Luminosity Filter
Scope: Evostar 80ED DS-Pro w/ field flattener
mount: HEQ5Pro
Unguided
57 frames 1m9s each = 1h3m28s total exposure
12 dark frames
ISO 45x3200 - 12x6400

It was taken at the beginning of this year on my spot near Eatbourne.

seagull 1h3m26s 56frames 3200 6400 ps sml.jpg

Very nice result!

To get exposures of 1min 9sec you must be using bulb mode exposures.  Do you notice any ill effects from the star eater issue?  It forces me to use the A7S in non-bulb mode which limits my exposures to 30seconds maximum.

Mark

2 hours ago, sharkmelley said:

Very nice result!

To get exposures of 1min 9sec you must be using bulb mode exposures.  Do you notice any ill effects from the star eater issue?  It forces me to use the A7S in non-bulb mode which limits my exposures to 30seconds maximum.

Mark

Mark.
I didn't noticed any star eating effect as you can see on the picture but I've recently updated firmware and didn't have chance to try it because of the weather. I will try on my next clear night for sure.
I've seen some people sending petition to sony but I don't think they going to consider it as this is by purpose a video camera... We will see..

5 hours ago, Coco said:

Very nice indeed. :)

Did you have to crop much with the SW .85 flattener?

Hi. I'm using my own design adapter for this setup as the others (sets of different rings and adapters) have vignetting problem.
I've managed to reduce it to minimum so only small corners are dimmed. Also I can attach 2" filters to it.

Mariusz

Adapter plus filter final.jpg

Archived