jupiter tonight, 23-4-17 21.00

xtreemchaos

46 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

thanks Chris, I'm taking a few more vids at the mo,the seeings to good to miss. getting a few closer shots with the barlow in old faithfull "ar127", hope you get som good views. charl.

Just had a fab little session, GRS looking great with a bit of orange to it, and a touch of pink in one of the main weather belts too....plenty of detail in and around the belts, and the views are pretty much rock steady with the 6" f/8 Dob @ 200x with the 15mm plossl and 2.5x Barlow!

Wish I had a little planetary camera now! I'd have been on it in the flash!

thanks Chris, sorry I was slow in replying, my internet when off about 10pm lastnight and its only just let me back on. yes agreed mate some nice colour on show with the good seeing, the best ive had on Jupiter this year, I think I was getting 200+ mag with the frac, I got a few more vids , havnt processed them yet, it will give me something to do today as its thick cloud here so don't think ill be catching sol today. hope you have better skys. charl.

Archived