Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

2nd run of Takahashi FC-100DL's due soon

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
35 minutes ago, Alien_Photons said:

I want one and I only just got a FC100DF.

What I need after last night with Jupiter is better quality high power eyepieces.

Depends what you are using now and how good your horizon is where Jupiter is located but I'm finding Jupiter a tougher target than in previous years, despite owning the best gear that I've even had to observe it. It might be Jupiters position in the sky rather than your eyepieces that are limiting things ?

8 hours ago, DRT said:

I don't need a Tak 100 F9

I need...

:help2:

If it's something I want then it's something I need

I wasn't built for comfort I was built for speed...

(Jim Steinman.)

Olly

9 hours ago, DRT said:

I need...

:help2:

I better start repeating that myself. In less than 6 weeks a CFO will be entering my life and I will get into trouble if I buy one....

but I really want one. :hmh:

1 hour ago, DirkSteele said:

I better start repeating that myself. In less than 6 weeks a CFO will be entering my life and I will get into trouble if I buy one....

but I really want one. :hmh:

As President and COO do you not have ultimate authority?

2 hours ago, Alien_Photons said:

I want one and I only just got a FC100DF.

What I need after last night with Jupiter is better quality high power eyepieces.

I feel the same somehow, but already have a Vixen f9 Fluorite which should in theory be similar. Doesn't stop me wanting one though!!!

Best to pack that FC100DC onto a plane and head south to get Jupiter at a much higher altitude.

28 minutes ago, Stu said:

As President and COO do you not have ultimate authority?

Haha, you would think so wouldn't you?  But I believe I relinquish control of the cheque book as per the new management agreement*

I was only "busted" the other day when I was looking at the link that @John posted about those new long focus achromats.  Had to explain that I just like looking at new equipment as I am a bit of geek rather than wanting any new telescopes.

*otherwise know as a marriage certificate :icon_biggrin:

4 minutes ago, Stu said:

I feel the same somehow, but already have a Vixen f9 Fluorite which should in theory be similar. Doesn't stop me wanting one though!!!

Best to pack that FC100DC onto a plane and head south to get Jupiter at a much higher altitude.

Possibly cheaper than a new eyepiece.

2 minutes ago, DirkSteele said:

Haha, you would think so wouldn't you?  But I believe I relinquish control of the cheque book as per the new management agreement*

I was only "busted" the other day when I was looking at the link that @John posted about those new long focus achromats.  Had to explain that I just like looking at new equipment as I am a bit of geek rather than wanting any new telescopes.

*otherwise know as a marriage certificate :icon_biggrin:

Many congrats to you Matthew :) 

2 minutes ago, Alien_Photons said:

Possibly cheaper than a new eyepiece.

Yep, definitely worth it, I am hoping to take a scope with me somewhere south this summer before Jupiter is too far past its best.

Theres nothing special about the Tak FC-100's. They are just your everyday fluorite doublets which are beautifully finished, lightweight, fast cooling and seem to handle magnifications with aplomb that make most other 4" fracs shudder :icon_biggrin:

takatnight01.JPG

7 minutes ago, Alien 13 said:

Thankfully I have a Mak so no need of a Takahshi but I was wondering who makes the Flourite glass for them.

Akan

Mak and a Tak are quite different propositions,,,,

Archived