NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Even less happening - 7th Jan 2017

DrRobin

Hi,

This is it, our final day in St Lucia.  It was forecast for heavy rain this morning, but in the end it was quite sunny and very warm, so I managed a 12 pane Ha mosaic and Calcium-K reasonably quickly over breakfast and still out on a sunbed in record time.  The lappy did a good job of stacking the images whilst we soaked up the sun with post processing done in the airport lounge and posted just before boarding our flight back to the UK.

It has been a good holiday with some good views of the sun, pity there wasn't more activity, in fact I think this morning it is the quietest sun I have ever seen, mind I stated in solar in 2012, so got started on the run up to a maximum.

I am guessing the storm clouds will already be converging on the UK for my return, so sorry everyone.  If by some chance it is bright, sunny and exceptionally warm over the next week you can thank me for bringing it back.

Robin

12 pane mosaic, Zenithstar 80mm, Quark, 0.5x FR, ASI174mm

Sun-7-1-16-pano-c.jpg

Calcium-K, Zenithstar 80mm, Lunt CaK module, ASI174mm

Sun-Kline_070117_130326_C.jpg

Has the sun been quiet for a while now ? I can't see it where I am as it just doesn't stay high enough to clear the roofs when at home. I have been keeping an eye on the imaging section to see if it's worth taking my kit else where but other than a couple small spots the other week it seems to have gone dead.

7 minutes ago, spaceboy said:

Has the sun been quiet for a while now ? I can't see it where I am as it just doesn't stay high enough to clear the roofs when at home. I have been keeping an eye on the imaging section to see if it's worth taking my kit else where but other than a couple small spots the other week it seems to have gone dead.

Why not keep up with day to day solar activity on GONG SOLAR whilst the Sun is obscured from your location.   :icon_biggrin:

Thanks everyone.

Alexandra, yes another holiday been and gone.  We left just less than a week ago in 28 degrees C and back home now it is freezing with 2" of snow falling this morning.  The prospect of imaging the sun this weekend just somehow doesn't appeal, freezing cold and little activity.

Thanks Sara, I still have the light pollution filter I bought from you a couple of years ago. 

Robin

Archived