Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Complete newbie to astronomy

mdgriffiths

Hi

I'm in my 40's and live in Cheshire and recently became interested in astronomy. when I say interested it's only recently that I have decided to take it up as a hobby. I've watched the Sky at night programme over a number of years and enjoy reading about astronomy related topics (eventhough a lot of what's read go's straight over my head)

I only have a limited knowledge of star constellations and with out checking on a web site I couldn't really say what planets are visible at the moment ( I now know Jupiter is low over the southern horizon at the moment) So I'm hoping that groups like this one will become a great help to me in helping me understand what I'm seeing when I look up on a cloud clear dark night.

Thanks

Mark :wave:

Hi Mark and welcome to this great astronomy forum, where everyone is friendly and helpful. I'm from Staffordshire, not too far from you.

If you need any advice on what scope to buy, you will get lot's of help and advice from people on here.

Geoff

Archived