NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Morning All

Minotaur

Just wanted to say a quick hello to everyone. Hopefully this will be the first of many poorly spelled and grammatically suspect posts. My name is Rick and I'm a fluids engineer, which sounds much grander than it is; mostly I experiment with new ways to remove oil from work clothes. I live in the North East but work all over the world, spent the last six years in China where I picked up a parasitic infestation and a wife (insert comedy comparison here).

Planning to buy a scope in the very near future, probably a 5" mak but I will be seeking the advice of our informed membership on that one.

cya

Hi Rick, Welcome to SGL, "fluids engineer" sounds a wonderful profession to be in, jetting off around the world and getting financially rewarded for it :clouds1::hello2: , I would think China's the best possible place on earth where you can pick up any scope you desire and at the best prices.

By the way!! Most people just bring back an ornament. :lol: :lol: (Sorry couldn't resist it)

Jeff.

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone.

Jeff....the profession is wonderful, the jetting around the place loses it's shine after a surprisingly short time. Good thinking about China being a good place to get a scope, hadn't even thought of that one even though my golf clubs came from there (don't tell Calloway).

Rick

Archived