Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

It may be clear but..

kev

Actually has been good for the past few nights, even when it was blustery, back yard astronomy was feasible. Tonight though, first opportunity to cut loose, scope in car, anticipation building, hope I don't encounter any fog.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very variable...  Been down to Avebury today, left there at 1545 under clear skies, then ran into fog at Marlborough, and had that for all the journey home until I got back off the A34 at Chilton. Once home I had good view of Venus and Mars before they slid behind neighbouring houses.

I've just driven home from Shropshire, up through north east Wales towards Manchester and then over the hills from Manchester to Sheffield. For the entire journey I could see lovely clear skies with Orion dominating the view most of the time.

When I turned into our village all I could see was a murky orange glow from the street lights peering through the fog :sad:

Beautifully clear in Radcliffe on Trent to night, but the seeing is awful :(

I have the Tak with me, and have had some nice views just panning around old favourites with a 24mm Pan. Trap looks nice at low power, but anything more and things go pear shaped. It's hard knowing what this scope will show you and having to put up with that

It does, however, confirm just how bad my skies are at home. DC naked eye visible here no problem, and I've just seen M1 easily despite being just outside a brightly lit kitchen window. No chance of that at home :( 

No better tonight:(.

Clear but again 100% humidity and everything was dripping wet by 8 o/c. Only checked focus and orthogonality of the ASI and did an autopoint model, managing to get residuals way down, the MLPT errors were 0.0" on both axes.

Wed may be better.

Last night wasn't too good here in Mansfield, Nottinghamshire, either, it did open up clear for about an hour but there was still hazing on the sky with a fair few dark blanket looking clouds coming in, hoping tonight might be better, I just try and get it in when I can as the weather is always in a state of not knowing what its going to do, well at least here in Mansfield anyway lol.

Mark

Archived