Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Heads Up - Celestron 102ED XLT for grabs

Skyline

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The colour scheme is very nice. I still can't understand why Celestron got the specs on the sticker and their description slightly wrong though :rolleyes2:

I guess it's like William Optics and their XWA eyepieces having 101 degree AFoV's :icon_biggrin:

Hope you get some lovely views through it Chris :thumbsup:

1 hour ago, Stu said:

What a lovely looking scope Chris! The finish looks fabulous. Glad the focuser is nice, a Moonlite might be a nice addition if it needs it. Looking forward to hearing more about it!

14 minutes ago, astro mick said:

Looks nice Chris.

Will be interesting to get a first light comment.

Enjoy.

Mick.

Thanks both :) As you can probably gather I really like how it looks too, hopefully it performs as good as it looks!

I've got it in my head to do a comparison between the ED100 f8.8 and the 150pl f/8 Dob my wife has kindly bought me as a grab and go for Xmas :) 

It will be interesting to get both on the same targets with very similar mags and compare, if for no other reason than to consolidate my scope preferences. This is despite hearing a wise man say the only way is to have both types, and I believe him :) 

4" f/8.8 ED frac vs 6" f/8 Newt = game on! 

28 minutes ago, John said:

The colour scheme is very nice. I still can't understand why Celestron got the specs on the sticker and their description slightly wrong though :rolleyes2:

I guess it's like William Optics and their XWA eyepieces having 101 degree AFoV's :icon_biggrin:

Hope you get some lovely views through it Chris :thumbsup:

Yeah it is a strange thing and I would love to know the story behind it if there is one? 

I couldn't bring myself to call it ED102 in my sig so went for the more traditional ED100 :grin:

8 hours ago, Mick J said:

Whoever was pipped to second on the first scope won the second scope this evening, 20quid more tho. 

That's good, I'm pleased for whoever it was. must have been annoying being pipped at the post on the first one. 

David Hinds hasn't listed a third so I reckon that's it!

Archived