Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Flying Horse / Wizard Nebula collaboration

gorann

Another Swedish-Norwegian collaboration with Ole Alexander Ødegård (aka Xplode). This is my DSLR (Canon 60Da) RGB image with a 5" ES Apo refractor (22x600" ISO1600) from October, posted previously, but now with his additional Ha data from September taken with a Canon 6D mono modded and a TS 12" imaging Newtonean (10x600" ISO1600). Among other things the Ha brought out much more dust and made the background nicer. I tried to do it with a soft touch.

Any comments and suggestions welcome (click on it or it looks quite blurry)

IMG1921-43PS7+OA7sign.jpg

9 minutes ago, gorann said:

Thanks!

Not sure what Star Tools is.

http://www.startools.org/

Excellent program, operates quite differently to many others in that it tracks all processing operations, and it knows which should be done on linear data and those that can be done on stretched data. At the end the noise suppression algorithm takes all these processing steps into consideration and is able to apply optimal noise reduction. There are many things it won't do - like stacking - but what it does it does very well indeed.

ChrisH

28 minutes ago, ChrisLX200 said:

http://www.startools.org/

Excellent program, operates quite differently to many others in that it tracks all processing operations, and it knows which should be done on linear data and those that can be done on stretched data. At the end the noise suppression algorithm takes all these processing steps into consideration and is able to apply optimal noise reduction. There are many things it won't do - like stacking - but what it does it does very well indeed.

ChrisH

Sounds interesting indeed - although I am reluctant to leave Photoshop as I am now staring to master the basic AP tricks there, I will probably give it a try if skies do not clear soon

Archived