Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

16 pane mosaic 2016.10.23

Pete Presland

1st chance for some Solar imaging for over 2 weeks, its that time of the year again :happy8: Lovely clear blue skies for a while this morning, so I thought I would try another mosaic.

Lunt50 D/S, DMK21au618. 1,000 frames per pane, 16 panes captured in Firecapture, cropped in C/S2, stitched in Autostitch, ICE wouldn't do the whole disc so just JPEG's not TIFF files. Looks a bit pixelated at full, maybe because of this?

2016.10.23 16 pane mosaic Autostitch.png

Looks pretty good to me. AutoStitch only outputs JPEG, but can read almost any format. You can set output quality to 99% which may avoid pixellation effects. It is also important to first sharpen the panes in e.g. ImPPG, and then stitch, as sharpening after conversion to JPEG causes all sorts of problems.

15 hours ago, michael.h.f.wilkinson said:

Looks pretty good to me. AutoStitch only outputs JPEG, but can read almost any format. You can set output quality to 99% which may avoid pixellation effects. It is also important to first sharpen the panes in e.g. ImPPG, and then stitch, as sharpening after conversion to JPEG causes all sorts of problems.

Thanks for the advice.  Definitely going to have another go at this tonight. 

Archived