NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Sol WL 01-09-16 close up of new AR added

johnfosteruk

Clear this morning with reasonable seeing, Here's the full disks with Close ups to follow if I'm lucky. The new region is very dynamic and there's even more happening near the centre as well with some new pores forming. The present Mrs Foster has plans for me for the rest of the day though, most annoying :)

92 frames at 1/1000 iso 100 from 198, aligned with Pipp, stacked with AS!2, sharpened in Registax and finished in PS.

White Light

sol 01-09 0847am WL 92 of 198.png

Colour

sol 01-09 0847am WL Colour 92 of 198.png

5 minutes ago, xtreemchaos said:

the detail looks great even when zoomed in ,well done mate

Cheers Charl, it's the new gear. Compared to my first mount the EQ3 is rock solid, the focuser on the frac has zero slop, focusing is a doddle when the seeing's good. I love it :)

Better (I think) close up, with 5 times the frames stacked. Far less noisy.

Sol 01-09 AR2585 Colour.png

Also, an invert, but it had a massive gradient despite using flats so I knocked up a 'pseudo' flat in PS and applied it. It left weirdness in the corners and could do with being a little brighter but I like it so I'm posting it.

sol 01-09 0847am WL 92 of 198 invert copy.png

Archived