NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

August 15th - White Light

paulastro

Many thanks chaps.  I forget to mention on my post that there is another AR now close to the E limb, in about the 7.30 position.  There is a very small spot in this position on todays spaceweather.com WL picture.  I've strained my eyes and don't think it shows up on my image - though the seeing was very poor - excuses, excuses :smile:.  The AR also shows up on my HA image on my other post this morning.

3 hours ago, paulastro said:

Many thanks chaps.  I forget to mention on my post that there is another AR now close to the E limb, in about the 7.30 position.  There is a very small spot in this position on todays spaceweather.com WL picture.  I've strained my eyes and don't think it shows up on my image - though the seeing was very poor - excuses, excuses :smile:.  The AR also shows up on my HA image on my other post this morning.

I popped the scope out just now Paul, and despite the rubbish seeing I caught the new spots in the faculae associated with the new AR. Worth keeping an eye on, I think they have developed more since you took your images.

20 minutes ago, Stu said:

I popped the scope out just now Paul, and despite the rubbish seeing I caught the new spots in the faculae associated with the new AR. Worth keeping an eye on, I think they have developed more since you took your images.

Many thanks for that Stu.  At the moment I'm keeping my eye on the largest prominence which shows promise of becoming detached - or at least part of it.  I know that as soon as I turn my back  it'll do a kamakazi leap into outer space!  :grin:

3 minutes ago, paulastro said:

Many thanks for that Stu.  At the moment I'm keeping my eye on the largest prominence which shows promise of becoming detached - or at least part of it.  I know that as soon as I turn my back  it'll do a kamakazi leap into outer space!  :grin:

I had that happen to me a while back. Huge one erupted about fifteen mins after I stopped watching it!

For info, I can see four pores in the new AR, plus a slightly larger fuzzy patch that I can't get definition on. Perhaps when the seeing calms later on....

6 hours ago, Stu said:

I had that happen to me a while back. Huge one erupted about fifteen mins after I stopped watching it!

For info, I can see four pores in the new AR, plus a slightly larger fuzzy patch that I can't get definition on. Perhaps when the seeing calms later on....

Thanks Stu.  It does seem sort of personal when they do that to you, I'd have been well miffed!  :biggrin:

Archived