Hello sky :)

Wall-E

Hi all, 

Greetings. I've been into amateur astronomy since about 15 years, and happen to be a solar astronomer for a living. Actually, that carried me away from taking the time to go back under the night sky stars, and that is not acceptable!!  So, I'm buying some new equipment, and will try to carry as less weight as possible so I do not get lazy again in front of too heavy equipment. Star Adv. , coupled with a Tak 60 + DSLR. Let's see where that leads me... I have an old EQ5, full of spider webs... I haven't been doing this for a while. I've had Newtonians, ED refractors, SC, ..., and since then, the softwares have evolved a lot and that's what drove me here. Seeking advise from kind souls to help a rusty night sky astronomer, who got his brain fried by too much daylight solar observations!! 

Thanks!

Wall-E

Hi Wall-E and welcome to SGL, come out of the sunshine and delight in the pleasure of the darkness once more. There is plenty of information for you to dwell on, in the imaging and photographic sections, if you are anticipating going down that route, enjoy the forum :)

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks again for the warm welcome. I was on vacation for a few days under clear skies in the Alpes. I managed to test some equipment and I am about to start my first topic about some aspects of autoguiding. 

Archived