Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

1st IMX174 Quark image

Ewan

Processed this before I went to work at 7 this morning, couldn't sleep last night so was up early & was just browsing my folders.

Found some PG 174 images I caught the other day after grabbing data with the DMK first, as I was having a little agro getting the Genika Astro capture settings set properly I made sure I caught data with the old ccd first.

Having bought a Daystar Interference Eliminator from Altair Astro the other week I gave it a go & it worked first time with a tilt of about 1mm if that, this image is the only one I will probably do from that batch as I now getting behind again.

It's not as good as I had hoped but haze was playing it's part again.

Thanks for looking.

Ewan

Surface Detail.jpg

Here is how my images were looking before purchasing the Interference Eliminator from Altair, you can see the NR's & banding issues I was having, quite bad tbh & you don't normally see both issues at once on one image, or so I have been told.

The Eliminator is a little dearer than most tilt devices but it suffers from no light leakage, very easy to adjust & it stays put.

Banding & NRs.png

Archived