Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Mars and Saturn June 7/8th

CSM

Very nice work, especially given the low elevations you're dealing with. Right now, in the southern US, Mars peaks at 35 degrees and Saturn at 36 degrees. I get my best views around midnight EDT and a few hours after. Thanks for sharing your fabulous images!

U have got some good images there. :thumbsup:. Do U find that the ADC makes a lot of difference. I was told not to bother with my

8" scope , because it would not make a lot of difference , to the image. It really only comes into  its own , with  the larger scopes.

Thanks for comments.  As to the ADC, yes I think it really does make a difference.  As you may gather from some of my questions it took me a while to find out how to use it - if there is a way of doing something wrong I will find it!  But one learns from ones mistakes - I hope.

On 6/12/2016 at 15:49, bunnygod1 said:

Some nice detail showing there, when you are adjusting the ADC can you see the difference you are making on the PC screen?

Not really.  Too busy trying to get the 3 circles to align and making sure that I don't lose image altogether.  This is using Firecapture 2.5 Betax64 which has a DeBayer option specifically for ADC's.   But when imaging Mars without the ADC the results weren't as good.  The ADC also gives a greater focal length - this gave 7950mm compared with 6000mm with just the 2xBarlow on the same night.

Archived