SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

That's great guys, glad you're managing to get some views.  :thumbsup:

Not quite as high in altitude now, more diffuse with less structure but very bright ...sometimes these displays pick as sky brightens, however I'm off to my bed now.  :coffee:

Mike

Nice images Damian, although NLC's are predominantly blue in appearance you often see a yellowish/green cast in the lower portions of displays nearer to the north horizon while the upper edge is often tinged with red all due to refraction through the ice crystals, looks like you have captured a little red here on the upper edge.

Mike

13 minutes ago, mikeyscope said:

Nice images Damian, although NLC's are predominantly blue in appearance you often see a yellowish/green cast in the lower portions of displays nearer to the north horizon while the upper edge is often tinged with red all due to refraction through the ice crystals, looks like you have captured a little red here on the upper edge.

Mike

Thanks Mike 

I shall pass the photo comments onto Soupy. Just wish I had been in Kielder to see them with him. Lucky man 

Yes indeed Damian and Mike. The display was pretty intense. Top picture was as they appeared with 5 sec exposure I think. Bottom was shorter but with temperature changed to bring out the blue colour. Shame I had them all to myself! ;-)

Archived