SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Noctilucent Clouds - Tuesday Morning 23rd June, 2020

This mornings display was far more subtle than the previous day, but actually made for a nice shot. Very high up and in a lovely fan shape which I’ve not seen before and my NLC sightings are now into double figures.

Composed at a jaunty angle to anchor the image with the tree and provide some scale, dodge the street lights and capture the brightest segment. They must have extended right up towards the zenith...

Nikon D3 FX (full frame), Nikkor AF-S 14-24mm f/2.8G ED, tripod mounted, cable release and mirror lock function.

Processed in Adobe Lightroom.

Taken from north Lichfield (Staffordshire).

Single shot. D3 - ISO 200, 0.6 sec, f/2.8, 24mm, 3.33am

1503872237_3.33am0.6secf2.824mmISO200D3.thumb.jpg.2bbb6fa12b29005e10ec2c95c6d6fb02.jpg

Got a few more (all basically the same to check through) and need to work out the stars/constellation (Cassiopeia), above right at some stage.... off now to do some more NLC hunting!

Damian

Edited by TakMan
  • Like 5

Don’t think think so, will check later for you... I’ve been chasing them both in the evening and morning and it’s all become a bit of a blur! Did see them (very faint and low against the horizon) last night whilst photographing the crescent moon...

Edited by TakMan

8 minutes ago, TakMan said:

Don’t think think so, will check later for you... I’ve been chasing them both in the evening and morning and it’s all become a bit of a blur! Did see them (very faint and low against the horizon) last night whilst photographing the crescent moon...

Ok. I was up on Wednesday morning viewing the planets and there were some wispy tendrils quite high in elevation which looked much like your photo. No bright ones nearer the horizon but still an attractive sight