Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

May 17th - White Light - AR2546 - AR2544 - HA disk added

paulastro

A rather curtailed session this morning.  Out at 6.50am and the weather forecast saying sunny intervals until at least 11am - in the event it clouded up by 7.30.  Still the seeing was better than usual at this time so quite pleased really.  Single frames taken with the Equinox 80, Lunt H Wedge, Olympus E-M10 plus a x2 barlow for the close-ups.  All frames taken 7.00 - 7.07am, 1/3200 sec for the full disk and 1/640 for the close shots of AR2546 and AR2544.  All taken on 200 asa.

** Just added a HA disk I took at 7.20am after the white light session, just as the cloud came in.  Best prominence activity on E limb.  Lunt 60mm DS, 1/15 sec, 500 asa.

P5170065a.jpgP5170258b.jpgP5170139a.jpgP5170152a.jpg

Very nice shots again Paul, amazing for single frames. Have you tried stacking maybe 10 frames to see what result you get? Might be worth a go but I totally undersatnd the desire to keep things simple!

I had some cracking views between the cloud this morning around 7.45am, full cloud here now though so not sure if I will get another look.

8 hours ago, Stu said:

Very nice shots again Paul, amazing for single frames. Have you tried stacking maybe 10 frames to see what result you get? Might be worth a go but I totally undersatnd the desire to keep things simple!

I had some cracking views between the cloud this morning around 7.45am, full cloud here now though so not sure if I will get another look.

Many thanks Stu.  I have thought about it once in a while, but not for too long!  :icon_biggrin:  I really take pics as an add on for my visual observations - I do drawings from my snaps and put them in my observing diary.  The photos are an easy way to gather the info quickly, especially if I only have a very short observing slot due to cloud or whatever.  Taking stills enables me to make the most of any brief observing opportunity, and I imagine I'd have to take more time processing the results later if I was stacking images.  Just out of interest, would I be better stacking still frames or taking sequences of video using my camera if ever I should try out the dark arts?  :smiley:

Archived