Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

NGC 7000 (Stacked Version)

Tim

You know what? Its 11.40am and I'm still in bed!! My first day off for ages..... but I have had the time to stack the 8 frames I grabbed of the North American nebula before the clouds rolled in.

If it hadn't been for the encouragement given to do this, I probably wouldn't have bothered, but having done so I am pleased with the result, and some of the benefits of stacking have become more apparent to me. I also dropped the (fake) difraction spikes Kevin, you will be glad to know. I add those to please the Mrs, and tbh, I also think they add a certain something, a sparkle to the image, but I dont know how to be selective as to which stars are affected. If I had of known, I would have done just three of them.

Anyroad, here is the stack, 8 images (dont know how many DSS used though).

22 June, 23:00hrs

8 x 150 secs @ iso800

Canon 350d (mod) at prime focus

3 x 150 sec darks

WO 72mm Megrez imaging, C9.25 guiding

No flats or bias or flat dark or flat bias etc (dont know how)

Converted from Cr2 to 16bit tiff

Stacked in DSS

Tweaked in PS3 (levels, curves and Noels actions)

Reduced in size (204mb original!!)

Thanks for all the help and suggestions!

6792_large.jpeg

Large version;

http://ukastronomers.com/Tim/image/6793_large.jpeg

Cheers

TJ

What a great image TJ.....Im glad you are getting your head around stacking your images now......Stacking your data does help with the outcome immensely....It increases the SNR and increases the dynamic range as well......What starts out quite ugly ends up a beauty.....And your end result speaks for itself......

Mark

Archived