Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

What a difference a day (well two) makes - Jupiter 4 vs 6 April

Starman

Hi All, 

I was looking forward to the jet stream decreasing last night but it remained for most of the session, creating high frequency jitters. Despite this and a gusty wind, I managed to get some fairly decent results, covering the GRS coming on disk. Here is one of my results from 4 April compared with a similar view from 6 April (a fraction over 48hrs time difference). Lots of tiny (unless you're on Jupiter of course!) changes visible. At least it shows I'm consistent with my processing - lol!

2016-04-04-06-48hrs-400.jpg

Best regards, 

Pete Lawrence

Fantastic images Pete, both of them, I can see the improvement in the later one though.

I was observing Jupiter earlier in the week and had real problems picking out detail apart from a few moments of clarity when the seeing improved. Seeing is not something I really consider enough and the jet stream hadn't even entered my mind. Must read more on the topic...

Lovely pictures though, congrats.

Thanks for the comments. 

Peter: That's interesting. I have just done a random sample across a number of regions on the planet and haven't got anything back to suggest that the balance is off.

Cheers, 

Pete

Archived