Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Jupiter 4th April 2016

astroman001

I agree that the starting image does look much better for colour Peter. Our procesing routines can play havoc with the colour especially when trying to tease out those last bits of detail. Under excellent conditions which are very rare in the UK it becomes so much easier but we have to deal with what we have and I think you are doing great with the C14. Maybe just try a slightly more subtle approach with the post Winjupos processing and increase the saturation a touch. That old saying less is often more really does apply quite often to planetary work. 

Pete

Everyone has got there own take I guess Peter. You have great resolution smoothness and detail. I do think its worth losing detail sometimes, if you can get a natural presentation.

In some ways I prefer the bottom image. But could take a lot more sharpening of course. But this was the image you moved on from, so I know why that is.

Everyone is different.

Regardless, your getting some great data. So can experiment at your leisure. On different presentations.

Fantastic picture. Great detail at good resolution. Colour presentation of planetary images can be a really personal aspect of planetary work. All you need to do is look through the posts on here and you will see such a variation in colour presentation. 

The colour of a final presented image is personal to a degree I would agree with that for sure although we do have a better understanding of the colours of the planets than we do of deep sky objects for instance where the colour presentations can often vary greatly. I have often struggled keeping a nice colour balance through processing so sometimes the final image is not what I was really striving for and I think Peter has found this as well as he mentions above. In the past we have discussed my own images under this same topic at times also as mine often look a tad red to some. Having said all this Pete is doing great this year and this is another fine image to add to his collection.

Pete. 

Archived