SkySurveyBanner.jpg.21855908fce40597655603b6c9af720d.jpg

Jupiter double transit 7 - 8th March 2016

astroman001

Lucky to get a clear night, but not so lucky with the seeing for the double transit. After 00:30, the seeing deteriorated rapidly into a complete mush, seeing 2-3.

Still, managed to get a few images, see attached compilation. Europa crosses first followed by Io.

Best regards

Peter

Jupiter double transit 7-8th March 2016.jpg

Excellent capture despite the poor seeing. It was in my diary to go after it, but unfortunately it clashed with an early morning commitment on 8th which I couldn't reschedule and dare not risk over sleeping, so reluctantly I let it pass despite the totally clear sky. Great to be able to see it after the fact via your pics, so thanks for sharing.

Yep despite the deteriorating seeing a lovely series capturing this event beautifully.

Best regards,

Ralph

Great series of the double transit Pete - looks like your seeing held a little longer, but pretty close to conditions at this end of the country.

How are you getting on with the ADC? Has it slowed the focus and capture process down and any discernible loss of contrast with the extra elements in the train?

ADC is easy to use and improves the image. If there is any loss due to extra elements, it is small and outweighed by reduced dispersion.

It took me a while to realise that after a meridian flip, you have to rotate the ADC 180 degs, I'm a fan now.

Peter

Archived