Greeting from East London (UK!)

Hi there

My name is ALan

Thought Id say hi. 

I really enjoy the site and get a lot out of it. 

Im living in Hackney and have started a thread if there are any others that wish to get out and about on a impromptu basis. 

Im interested in taking pics with my telescope and using my laptop to control the mount. 

Im in v e r y early stages though and learning a lot

At the moment Im getting a Telrad and my Baader Click Zoom to get the my HEQ5Pro mount working with the GOTO.

When I get a bit of cash shall look into a proper finder/guider

Best wishes to all!

1 hour ago, swag72 said:

Hi Alan and welcome to SGL - Glad that you found us and hope that you enjoy your time here.

Look forward to seeing you around :)

Thanks Sara!

I can post my signature now with 10 posts done!! :) 

24 minutes ago, Guy Wells said:

Welcome abaord Alan. If you drive, I run an astronomy group in west London.

Excellent! Its not too far from my place! See you there at some point :)

Hi Alan and welcome to SGL. The Baker Street Irregulars AS, hold regular meetings in Regents Park. Might be worth a visit to discuss imaging with some experienced Astronomers, enjoy the forum :)

• 5 months later...

Welcome Alan. Glad to see more and more heads are popping up from East London side :) Me and a few others quite regularly catch up on clear night around Barking area. Give us a shout (PM) if you want to come by and check it out. Safety and security is our primary concern (mainly because my family tends to join at these events too :) )

Archived