Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Another Moon Mosaic - 200PDS with Canon EOS550D

Tommohawk

Hi All. Looks like lunar mosaics are flavour of the month, so here's my offering.

I haven't done much lunar stuff - more of a DSOer - but clear sky seems to be at a premium so thought I'd give it a go. I'm pretty sure I get blurring at the edges of my full disc lunar shots due to coma, so I wanted to do a mosaic with the SW CC +  3x barlow. But I cant find a way of attaching the barlow to the CC. Any thought welcome.

So instead I used crop mode with no barlow and did a 24 pane mosaic. DSLR settings:  .MOV files of 60sec duration, ISO100, 1/800th sec exposures. 

Processed with PIPP, MS ICE for mosaic composite (bit of fun getting it to align - did it in 2 sub-sections) then Autostakkert (best 10%) , Avistack for wavelets (bit overdone maybe) and PS for autolevels.

Mext move is to repeat with the barlow - so thats 16 panes to each one of the 24 .... ummm, that'll be 16x24 = 384. Maybe not then!

Hope you like it - looks quite nice full size!

MVI_2254_pipp_g2_ap858_stitchRLstitch_pp2v2PS.png

... and the colour corrected one:

MVI_2254_pipp_g2_ap858_stitchRLstitch_pp

23 minutes ago, Mr Spock said:

Very nice, very sharp. You might want to change the colour balance a little - it's a bit pinkish ;)

Thanks for that - my colour vision is pants. I've done a colour correct on PS - but cant see how to remove the original image. I can edit and remove the image from the post, but not from the upload area. ANy ideas?

Thanks for all the positive comment. I've added the colour corrected version to the original post. I'm often told my images are pink/red - i think it's down to the modded DSLR.... that and my rubbish colour vision.

The lunar eclipse I did looked megared!

Archived