Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Yet another Orion nebula - RGB + Ha + O3

alexbb

I really hope that I need a single more night to complete my belt to sword 4 panels mosaic in O3 so I can finally put the ASI1600 on my new Esprit 80.

Meanwhile, I carried where I traveled last 2 weeks the EQ5, the Esprit and a Canon 550D. I also had a chance yesterday to shoot some images with the same setup from home, where the sky is light polluted.

First image is a total of about 30 mins of 30s unguided exposures with some moon too, but under dark skies + about 30 mins of 90s exposures from home, guided. Some 10s exposures too for the core. Perhaps the focus was not always spot on, the scope is more sensitive than I expected and it shifts quite a lot due to temperature drop.

Second image contains Ha and O3 data I'm collecting for the mosaic above mentioned, added in a rather small amount.

Even if I need much more data and the result is far of what I want, I'm pretty pleased with my improvements in time. The third image was taken at Christmas, 2 years ago, at my first or second astrophoto sessions. 102/500 achromat on an Alt-Az mount.

Clear skies!

Alex

M42-F400-2018-01-08-all_p01.jpg

M42-F400-2018-01-08-all_RGB-HOO-p02.jpg

M42-F500-2015-12-26_p2.jpg

Archived