Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

IC443 Jellyfish Nebula in Ha

Pompey Monkey

After my last attempt at HaRGB on the Horsehead, I have decided to concentrate on narrowband for now from my semi-urban home.

I have had a go at the Famous Jellyfish Nebula in Ha with my trusty 150 pds and SBIG 8300m with the Baader 7 nm filter. After looking at the efforts of others on varying targets, I have come to the conclusion that even narrowband benefits from darker skies!

16 X 1200 seconds.

Processing was mainly just stretching in PS, but I had a go at the mure de noise script in PI first, as demonstrated by Gnomus and Barry ( https://stargazerslounge.com/topic/262808-another-rosette-wo-star-71/ ).

I still think it's a little waxy, but not excessively so, and it did allow me to stretch it that little bit more before the histogram turned into a profile map of the Dolomites ;)

This might be my last with the 150 pds for a while as I'm off to Essex to collect a WO Star 71 today!! :):) 

Jelly_web.png

Archived