Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

Prom-02-02-16

Davey-T

Nice captures Dave, sorry not been in here for a while so probably missed loads of shots you have put up, very sorry mate.

I miss a big chunck of imaging time from my house as I just cant see the sun high enough :-(

25 minutes ago, Ewan said:

Nice captures Dave, sorry not been in here for a while so probably missed loads of shots you have put up, very sorry mate.

I miss a big chunck of imaging time from my house as I just cant see the sun high enough :-(

Hi Ewan, you've not missed much, just checked and this is my first attempt at a mosaic since last September and as it turns out I rushed it and missed a bit :)

Dave

Anyone know why a B&W image is about twice the size of the same image in false colour ?

Mosaic-02-02-16.png

Mosaic-02-02-16-fc.png

16 minutes ago, sooot said:

Nice images.  What's happened to pac man's mouth ,it's kinda shrunk:icon_biggrin:

Bit out of practice so ended up a haphazard mosaic between cloud, wind and trees, lucky only one bit is missing :)

Dave

1 hour ago, Montana said:

Great set of images Dave :):):)

There isn't an awful lot of contrast between the prom and the space though, was this taken through haze? or did you have the gamma quite high?

Alexandra

Thanks Alexandra, a difficult session all round really, windy and lots of fast moving clouds, I was trying to anticipate them and pause Firecapture, a few tree branches flapping in the side of the images as I was trying to catch the Sun as it went from one tree to the next.
Had trouble getting them to stack so had to manually edit them with virtual dub.
The prom' could have done with more processing but didn't have time 
Looking forward to the Sun getting a bit higher soon and making my life so much easier :)

Dave

Archived