Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

I'd never have believed you

If you told me a year ago that an amateur could capture images like this:

post-33415-0-66226600-1452296351_thumb.j

With amazing detail like this:

post-33415-0-61123500-1452296360_thumb.p

I have a long way to go to get really good, but I have learnt so much over the last year and I will continue to learn! :)

Thanks to everyone here on SGL (and other internet places) who have guided me on my journey so far. :)

beautiful pictures Paul and here's to lots more clear skies and images :)

Thanks Eri.

I am very pleased with how things are progressing :)

I am also very much aware that there is still a lot more finesse to be wrought out of my current set-up before I can justify throwing £50 notes at the internet shops... ;)

Its great isn't it! I get such a thrill when I process an image and uncover these 'hidden' wonders. I had to throw all my subs from the soul nebula the other night (technical/operator malfunction) but that was more than made up for by the ones that did work!

It is expensive though, especially when you go down the CCD route. I think I'll avoid that for the moment! Tim. 

I'd say you can stop posting in the beginner section and to the big leagues. You graduated with honors in my book. Nice work!

Thank you and you have a point, but I still wasted half of the night making avoidable mistakes in the process of getting this one! ;) See here: http://stargazerslounge.com/topic/260066-going-to-be-clear-tonight-but/page-1#entry2847368

Its great isn't it! I get such a thrill when I process an image and uncover these 'hidden' wonders. I had to throw all my subs from the soul nebula the other night (technical/operator malfunction) but that was more than made up for by the ones that did work!

It is expensive though, especially when you go down the CCD route. I think I'll avoid that for the moment! Tim. 

I know plenty of people who will happily spend more on, say, a set of sticks to hit a little white ball into a hole in the ground, or on a shiny piece of metal with a stone in it to go round a finger... It's all a matter of priorities ;)

Very nice images do you have exp details etc

17 X 900 s Ha.

The processing was minimal: The subs were patched up with a bad pixel map, calibrated with a master flat and bias then aligned and integrated. After that, the image simply had the screen transfer function applied as a histogram transformation. All in Pixinsight, of course.

I did try to do the stretching in Photoshop, but couldn't get any better results. I should try harder. lol. 

I've found the same thing, at the beginning it was hard to learn the basics, but with anything, practice makes perfect.

I've amazed myself with what I've managed to learn, and hopefully in the space of a year or so, like to think I've massively improved and also moved from beginner to intermediate.

Keep up the good work Pompey Monkey.

Archived