Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

Stellarium 0.14.0 has been released!

alexwolf

Just setting it up now and have run it several times as I go along. I was running one of the beta-testing 14.0's for quite awhile and troubleshooting it. From what I've seen, the full-on 14.0 has truly gone to task and has everything running seamlessly! Very nice work to you all!

Now I'm off to load up on every star I can and begin my balancing-acts. This is fun!

My best wishes to you, Alex, and thank you very, very much!

Dave up in the soggy rains of Hurricane Patricia's farewell squalls.

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dear All,

I downloaded Stellarium V 0.14.0, but I cannot run it... the image flickers constantly. Very annoying. have to shut down my computer to get out of the program.

No doubt I do something wrong, but I cannot get my fingers on the problem. Any suggestions, please?

I did not use Stallarium before, but really like to try it, especially because you are all very happy with it, it seems.

Thanks for any advise!

Dear All,

I downloaded Stellarium V 0.14.0, but I cannot run it... the image flickers constantly. Very annoying. have to shut down my computer to get out of the program.

No doubt I do something wrong, but I cannot get my fingers on the problem. Any suggestions, please?

I did not use Stallarium before, but really like to try it, especially because you are all very happy with it, it seems.

Thanks for any advise!

I guess it's related to drivers for graphics card. Please try run planetarium through "Stellarium (ANGLE mode)" shortcut. But better way IMHO checking and installing drivers for graphics card. 

Alexander, I've had a chance to test the new Stellarium and I'm really happy with the larger arrows in the Oculars Plug-in. They're now near-impossible to miss and I no longer get unintended changes of the view.

The colour scheme of the new DSO symbols is a joy to the eye. 14.0 rocks!

Excellent, that's addressed my main niggle!

Thanks for an excellent program.

For the next update:

Using an ocular then exiting causes the flip background setting to be forgotten and a scale change. I would love to be able to flip and ocular mask on and off without changing orientation and scale so I can see what I'm aiming for and then see it again in a wider context.

Making cut down search and time dialogues (and others?) dockable on a permanent menu bar.

For the next update:

Using an ocular then exiting causes the flip background setting to be forgotten and a scale change. I would love to be able to flip and ocular mask on and off without changing orientation and scale so I can see what I'm aiming for and then see it again in a wider context.

You can enable showing flip buttons on bottom bar and use it for flipping of the look.

Making cut down search and time dialogues (and others?) dockable on a permanent menu bar.

It's problematic. Which use cases you propose for that new behaviour of GUI?

You can enable showing flip buttons on bottom bar and use it for flipping of the look.

It's problematic. Which use cases you propose for that new behaviour of GUI?

The trouble is the setting of the flip buttons is overidden when you apply an ocular and they return to default when you close the ocular.

Try it - apply a flip, open an ocular, close it, and the display will be 'unflipped'.

Reason for dockable dialogues? - I leave the time and dialogue open. If you change the window size (as I often do when using stellarium with other programs) they can disappear off from the window.

Why do I leave it open? So I can put them to one side as when it is opened they always appear dead centre, obscuring the object I want to see while I am changing the time/date.

As for search, it's annoying that the box disappears after a  search, especially if you slightly mistype a long name or want to work through a few objects with similar names by editing the previous search (e.g. a sequence of stars).

The trouble is the setting of the flip buttons is overidden when you apply an ocular and they return to default when you close the ocular.

Try it - apply a flip, open an ocular, close it, and the display will be 'unflipped'.

Reason for dockable dialogues? - I leave the time and dialogue open. If you change the window size (as I often do when using stellarium with other programs) they can disappear off from the window.

Why do I leave it open? So I can put them to one side as when it is opened they always appear dead centre, obscuring the object I want to see while I am changing the time/date.

As for search, it's annoying that the box disappears after a  search, especially if you slightly mistype a long name or want to work through a few objects with similar names by editing the previous search (e.g. a sequence of stars).

Please fill two feature requests on Stellarium's bug tracker - https://bugs.launchpad.net/stellarium

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The Stellarium development team after month of development is proud to announce the first correcting release of Stellarium in series 0.14.x - version 0.14.1. This version contains 13 closed bugs (ported from version 0.15.0).

A huge thanks to our community whose contributions help to make Stellarium better!

List of changes between version 0.14.0 and 0.14.1:

- Added support for side-by-side assembly technology (LP: #1400045)

- Enhancements of the Ocular plugin: add OAG support (LP: #1354427)

- Added Belarusian translation for landscapes and sky cultures (LP: #1520303)

- Added designations for few stars in Scorpius (LP: #1518437)

- Fixed constellation art brightness and zooming (LP: #1520783)

- Fixed number of satellite orbit segments resets (LP: #1510592)

- Fixed certain outplanet moons with wrong Longitudes (LP: #1509693, #1509692)

- Fixed saving settings for some View panel options (LP: #1509639)

- Fixed fails to run up on Windows when invoked from a different directory (LP: #1410529)

- Fixed wrong value of ecliptic obliquity (LP: #1520792)

- Fixed segmentation fault (core dumped) while try update stars catalog (LP: #1514542)

- Tentative fix for support 4K resolution (GUI scaling) (LP: #1372781)

The Stellarium development team after month of development is proud to announce the first correcting release of Stellarium in series 0.14.x - version 0.14.1. This version contains 13 closed bugs (ported from version 0.15.0).

Not that I`ve ever found a bug!

Many thanks alexwolf & department.

• 3 weeks later...

I installed the new version of Stellarium but it cannot make a connection to my mount (despite correctly seeing the cu.usbserial port). I have reverted back to the older version which works well. Hope the problem gets sorted at some point. :huh:

Please give more tech info.

Please give more tech info.

Hi Alexander, Here's some relevant info - 

Operating system: OS X (10.9.5), not running Yosemite.

The mount is connected using the serial to usb adaptor (by Prolific).

When trying to establish the connection, Stellarium would list the correct port (/dev/cu.usbserial). I select that port and the correct mount firmware (skywatcher synscan eq version 3+). But when I click OK Stellarium freezes for about 10 seconds and does not add the new telescope connection.

Btw, thanks for the work on developing the software.  :icon_rendeer:

Hi Alexander, Here's some relevant info - 

Operating system: OS X (10.9.5), not running Yosemite.

The mount is connected using the serial to usb adaptor (by Prolific).

When trying to establish the connection, Stellarium would list the correct port (/dev/cu.usbserial). I select that port and the correct mount firmware (skywatcher synscan eq version 3+). But when I click OK Stellarium freezes for about 10 seconds and does not add the new telescope connection.

Btw, thanks for the work on developing the software.  :icon_rendeer:

Can you check version 0.14.65.0? We made some changes in Telescope Control plugin for detecting serial ports. Can you also give me a log?

Archived