Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

URGRNT:I NEED URGENT HELP

Dom1961

30 minutes?

Be solid white.

Try 3 second iso 800 f5

Then build from there to 6 then try 7 etc.

Focus... Hard with kit lens as there is no infinity mark but hey this is first evening of trying to use your camera so work on focus in stages but perhaps your camera has a landscape mode.

Read the manual.

If you are looking at the image in something like maxim (and I think DSS has something similar), make sure you haven't got the histogram sliders incorrectly set.

This will change the view on the screen, but the image is actually fine.

Cheers

Ant

Just noticed you are right, massive over exposure Idiot like I am I was thinking overexposure can't happen in the dark. I have since taken 10x30s and stacked them and have got sort of an image, I think some darks and flats may help that, how do I take flats? Shall I just point it at a white laptop screen?

Learn to relax mate, this hobby generates a lot of stress! Screens which show anything but stars are the norm rather than the exception. Leaving lens caps on has been a particular bug bear of mine.

Archived