NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

M64 - Blackeye Galaxy

winfij

Seems to be popular at the moment, but since I had clear skies and had got my scope set up on the balcony for the first time at my new apartment, I thought I'd give it a go.

This is 4 hours of LRGB taken over two nights earlier this week, unguided since my new guide cam hasn't arrived yet.

I'm quite pleased with the core detail, although I've only done a rough collimation on the scope after the move so far - it really needs some fine tuning.

Hope you like it - click the image for details and a larger view.

Cheers,

John

M64-20080503-LRGB.jpg

John, that is not only a great image, I especially like the details you have supplied with it. Also the slide show of your other work is very pleasing.

Thanks for your effort in presenting them.

Ron. :angry:

That is a really nice image with great detail in the core - I know how hard it is to get at that core detail - the seeing here this week has made it very difficult to get any clarity in my attempts at the object. Lovely to see it so nicely presented.

Archived