Banner.jpg.b89429c566825f6ab32bcafbada449c9.jpg

The Eye of god...

MarsG76

Hello everyone,

Finally I finished the Helix nebula image.

This image has been exposed across 4 nights, 2 nights through a HAlpha filter and 2 nights through a OIII filter using my modded 40D.

Helix nebula is fainter than I thought it was going to be, I had to image it at ISO800 30 minute HAlpha subs and ISO1250 OIII 30 minute subs, total of 8 hours through each through my 8" SCT at F10.

I just wish I captured more clearly the comet shock waves visible in the Hubble images... But overall I'm happy with how it came out... As always there is room for improvement...

Any comments and tips welcome...

Thanks for looking...

Mariusz

post-43662-0-46180800-1440329970_thumb.j

Yeah true, when I'm imaging at 2000mm I can see just how rough the guiding graph is... it reports to be at 1.6-1.9 arc sec RMS and the stars are round and not as bloated as they used to be, but nonetheless the graph has big corrections... I do think they look bigger then whats seen on say 1280mm or 500mm due to how much the guide star is magnified.

Guiding parameters are corrections every 2 seconds... I found this to work quite well.... as in I can be grabbing 30 minute subs for 5 hours and when looking at the subs frame to frame on the LCD, the stars do not move or drift at all.

That said, I still want to find a way to lower the correction amount to smooth out the graph, I'm sure I'll be able to get a fair bit more detail... losing less in the amount of movement I get in the guide corrections.

Archived