NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

The Sun - 5th Aug 2015

David Smith

Clear at 07:00 this morning so another brief opportunity to grab some data. Clouded over not long after 07:30. My best white light for a few days as the clear bit arrived a little later today allowing the Sun to get a bit of altitude.

20130839008_59ac357d21_o.png20150805 by David Smith, on Flickr

19697878423_40ef68fb82_o.png20150805mono by David Smith, on Flickr

20309157875_0677d8a631_o.png20150805_CaK_FD by David Smith, on Flickr

Dave stop it................your making me feel I need a Ca-K filter now :grin:  :grin: :grin:  

Nice bottom left grouping & your Ca-K filter seems to show it's pretty active, must try to grab that soon.

Nice grabs Dave

Lovely images, David, glad you could catch the later rays. Especially loving the CaK shots, my wallet is hiding under the sofa :shocked:

I was kinda hoping you'd go Quark first but I have to say these are cracking images :icon_salut:

My minds made up.........a 152mm & full ERF is my next wallet mucher but tell me Dave supplier / cost of your new filter as I am seriously thinking of getting that too.

PS my wife said 'Thanks Dave !!!'  LMAO no T for me :evil:

Thanks all. You are very kind where in reality I have barely scratched the surface with the new Ca-K module. I have yet to get a decent day when I can really experiment with the setup and capture. Hopefully this means there is still more to come. Certainly there is potential in doing close-ups just based on the limited experience I have using it.

Lovely images, David, glad you could catch the later rays. Especially loving the CaK shots, my wallet is hiding under the sofa :shocked:

I was kinda hoping you'd go Quark first but I have to say these are cracking images :icon_salut:

It was a tough call between Quark and new scope for better H alpha, and the CaK module but in the end questions over quality of Quarks lead me to where I am. That and the fact everyone is doing high res H alpha these days and very few CaK images which I have loved for a long time.

There is a good chance that a Quark will be on the shopping list in the future but likely will not be until Q2 2016 now. Hopefully by then Quark quality issues will be resolved and I will be able to buy with confidence.

My minds made up.........a 152mm & full ERF is my next wallet mucher but tell me Dave supplier / cost of your new filter as I am seriously thinking of getting that too.

PS my wife said 'Thanks Dave !!!'  LMAO no T for me :evil:

Sorry about your T Ewan :tongue: . Between you and me, the diminutive nature of the Ca-K module is fairly easy to sneak in :evil: . When asked what I had bought now, I simply replied "oh, just a diagonal for my scope" which seemed innocent enough :grin:  Where as in fact it cost the equivalent of a Quark and a new scope as mentioned above.

As an authorised Lunt dealer the good folk @ FLO sourced my Ca-K module for me and at a very competitive price. I had to make a specific inquiry but they are now listed on their website. I went for the B1200 version to give me greater flexibility and so I could use it with the stopped down Evostar, otherwise I would have had to go for a new scope too.

Glad your enjoying the images and my apologies to all the chief financial officers out there!

Archived