Banner.jpg.b83b14cd4142fe10848741bb2a14c66b.jpg

C19 - Cocoon Nebula Ha

davedownsouth

This is a work-in-progress, but attached are the Ha images of Cadwell 19 - The Cocoon Nebula processed in PI.  11 x 15 minutes Binned 1x1.  Weather not looking good for the rest of the week, but hoping to add more shots to it soon, just not sure if this should be other Narrow bands or just RGB :confused:.  Any advice?

Cocoon%20C19_zps0b51tfhp.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

So, I finally got round to grabbing some RGB shots (13 x 5 minutes of each at 2x2 Binning) and attached are my attempts at processing with PI.  Simple RGB combination and processing was pretty straight forward, but I found adding in the Ha shots pretty tricky.  Think I prefer the HaRGB, but to be honest, I was hoping it would be a little better considering all of the extra shots involved with this picture.  This is definitely (or atleast most likely), down to my processing (or lack of them) skill with PI :D.  Anyway, here are the two images, all comments welcomed: -

RGB

RGB%20Final_zpsushuxngp.png

HaRGB

HARGB%20final_zpsnsl4h0fx.png

Archived