NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

eruption

Ewan

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I look forward to doing the anim, 160 odd vids down already & still capturing.

That was the most awe inspiring things I have seen, stunning.

Just hope I can do it justice, had a 5 min break as a very grey cloud came over.

Back in doors, that was a very good show, you have to excuse me but I have never witnessed such an event let alone image one.

Just checked & I now have 190 captures to process, not looking forward to it I must admit.

Good luck Ewan, I look forward to seeing the show :laugh:  no pressure

Hmm maybe I shouldn't have said anything yet :grin: , just copying over files but I don't think I will complete this tonight as I have so many to do.

AR2371 has a high probability of reaching X Class this week, we also have an equatorial coronal hole stream reaching us by the 24th, a new sunspot is also awakening so could be a great week for solar.

Still copying data guys, really sorry it's slow but 27.7 GB is a fair whack.

Here is the 1st shot I did grab 20 mins before deciding to stay on target, very low Gamma of just 25 gives a very contrasty view, nearly forgot my flat frame to.

2%20Pane%20Greyscale%20Panorama.png

2%20Pane%20False%20Colour%20Panorama.png

2%20Pane%20Inverted%20Panorama.png

The bottom of the flare looks really strange in that it's almost dead straight, very odd & not a stacking artifact either.

AR2371 has a high probability of reaching X Class this week, we also have an equatorial coronal hole stream reaching us by the 24th, a new sunspot is also awakening so could be a great week for solar.

The 24th would be a good day for an X Class flare - a birthday Solut :)

Great images from the first process Dave, wonderful resolution and detail with the Quark.

The 24th would be a good day for an X Class flare - a birthday Solut :)

Great images from the first process Dave, wonderful resolution and detail with the Quark.

Who's Dave :grin:  :grin: :grin: , no worries I did that earlier to Steve Ward & called him Dave, it's gotta be solar related lol 

Who's Dave :grin:  :grin: :grin: , no worries I did that earlier to Steve Ward & called him Dave, it's gotta be solar related lol 

Embarrassed edit - picked Davey-T's message out.     Sadly I didn't see enough of the sun today and missed this treat, so can't blame the exposure - though was a long and painful day at work!

I will try and get back earlier tomorrow and setup to catch this AR in full glory, weather permitting that is!

Embarrassed edit - picked Davey-T's message out.     Sadly I didn't see enough of the sun today and missed this treat, so can't blame the exposure - though was a long and painful day at work!

I will try and get back earlier tomorrow and setup to catch this AR in full glory, weather permitting that is!

Hope you manage to get a look Jake & there is some action.

Not looking too good for me here in Hastings but I have to admit we have had a really good run of weather, fingers crossed though.

Archived