NLCbanner2024.jpg.2478be509670e60c2d6efd04834b8b47.jpg

Hey from a new kid in Scotland

radman

Hey all,

thought I would drop in and say hi or 'hey' as the case may be and hopefully learn some things.

A little about my equipment

I've got a Tasco 302012 reflector telescope, I got it good 5 years ago when I was 11 and just retrieved it from the loft the other day after i got the bug again :lol:

I'm hopeing to get a clear night soon to see how it performs, I only have the one lens atm I must have lost the others up the loft the one i have atm is sr4mm and have no barlow :lol:.

As I said I'm in scotland just outside Livingston.

If anyone has any tips or questions for me I would love to here(see :lol:) them.

Thanks

Kyle

Hello Kyle,

[move][glow=red,2,300]

Welcome to the Forum![/glow][/move]

A trip to the loft is always worth a weekend visit and this weekend you have found ya old scope eh nice one!. I think i used to own that very scope a few years back although its a cheap one it does given some nice views esp of the Moon and Bright Cluster.

The Eyepiece you have is quite a powerfull and if the Moon was up tonight i would reccomend using it on our moon but as it isnt maybe you could try Saturn which is Fantastic in the skys at the moment also Mars.

Do you have any star charts or pc software you can use to look up there locations?

James

Hey James,

Thanks for the welcome. No I don't have any star charts or PC software, lets hope there is some software for Mac :lol: It's a bit cloudy here tonight, but i'm hoping for a break in the cloud! I'll just have to wait and see while I'm looking for pc software

cheers

Kyle

Hey Kyle and Welcome along

Check out the Links section, as there are links to PDF's and other web pages that you can use on your Mac.

Fraid I dunno if any of the planetarium's are available on the MacOS.

Any other minority users out there?? :lol:

Welcome Kyle. Looking forward to hearing how you get on with that scope. Send us some reports or your viewing sessions. There are plenty of people on the forum who will be able to help and advise your. Hope the clouds clear for you.

Martin

Archived